Who We Are
CometChat builds advanced digital communications infrastructure to help thousands of businesses around the world create customized in-app messaging experiences. Our products allow developers to seamlessly add voice, video and text chat to their websites and mobile apps so that their users can communicate with each other, resulting in a unified customer experience, increased engagement and retention, and revenue growth.
A global business from the start, we have 100+ team members across our Denver , Salt Lake city and Mumbai offices serving over 50,000 users around the world. With solid financials, strong organic growth, and increasing interest in developer tool-focused companies (from the market and with top technical talent), we’re heading into an exciting period of growth and acceleration.
CometChat is an alumni of Techstars Boulder 2019 and raised their Series A in October 2021. Investors include Signal Peak Ventures, iSeed Ventures, Range Ventures, Silicon Badia, eonCapital, and Matchstick Ventures.
This remote position is based in the USA. Preference will be given to candidates in the Eastern time Zone.
As a Business-to-Developer (B2D) company, CometChat’s product is evaluated by technical teams that often have technical questions or need a technical thought partner. The job of the Solutions Engineer is to be the technical lead on sales opportunities, working directly with potential and new customers in the technical conceptualization and design of CometChat for their intended use case. The Solutions Engineer will sit in the revenue organization and liaison with Product on product requirements and functionality.
Our mission… Fuel customer growth through meaningful user-to-user engagement.
- As part of the sales org, responsible for contributing to the overall revenue target as the technical member of deal teams
- Develop and convey out-of-the-box solutions, along with solution ideas to key decision makers to focus on their business issues
- Understand and articulate the benefits of CometChat to educate customers on the value proposition of our products
- Assist in creating Proof of Concepts and tailored demos wherever required to validate technical requirements
- Working experience in mobile development
- Work with Account managers and Business Development managers to pilot complex deal cycles with C-level executives
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and engineering to ensure the timely and successful delivery of the solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Recognize product and technology disparity with customers and present a point of view to product and leadership teams
- Assist sales team representatives in achieving their targets by conducting pilots, showcasing results and building conviction
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multi task with a high degree with passion, strong initiative and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments
- Confident and dynamic working persona, which can bring fun to the team, and sense of humor, is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- We are expanding this function in the US; there is an opportunity to also lead this function as the team grows
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
Ability to work hours that accommodate a global team
Ability to travel as required, including internationally (must have or obtain valid passport)
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
3-5 years of experience in technical pre-sales or sales in a SaaS company
Solid know-how of SaaS products
Proficient in React
Occasional travel for events
See additional eligibility requirements above
Medical, Dental, Vision: 80% Employer paid for you AND your dependents
Employer paid Life Insurance
Unlimited Time Off Policy
Working @ CometChat
Our Values: Go Above and Beyond | Be Relentless | Be Genuine | Have Fun
CometChat is committed to fostering a culture of innovation & collaboration. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.
As a scaling business with strong financial backing, we’re excited about the opportunity in front of us. The digital communications market is rapidly expanding and our business is scaling along with it.
CometChat is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability and genetic information (including family medical history or any other characteristic protected by law).
Job Functions Disclaimer:
The above job description reflects the general nature of work and functions of the job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive summary. Job duties are subject to change based on departmental need and changing business needs and conditions.